Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Things and goings on around here

I know that I haven't updated my blog for awhile. Life has been busy around the farm and with work. Well, just busy enough to keep me from updating here.

First off, after running Jag in a trial this past weekend I have decided to retire him from running on any big fields/courses. He just could not keep his sheep covered on his second run on Sunday. So he lost them back to the set out. Poor guy. It took him until at least Tuesday to recover. He will still continue to help me around the farm with chores and such. This was a hard decision, but the best for him. Jag will be 10 this October and has earned a well deserved retirement. That'll do, Jag.

This, of course, means that I really need to buckle down and get Cash and Corbie ready to trial this next year. They are both really close to being ready, I just have a few things to work thru with both of them.

Secondly, I will be undergoing surgery this fall. I have been having some female issues, which I won't go into detail here unless someone asks. I will be having a hysterectomy. Luckily they will be doing it vaginally for me so that means an easier recovery for me. Secondly, they will be using a spinal block as opposed to putting out under general anesthesia. That is another good thing. If I recover well and am able to dress myself, etc, I might be able to go home the same day as the surgery. But still, surgery can still be a scary thought. But Steve will be there at the hospital waiting for me and probably driving the staff nuts with wanting updates. :o) He is a worry wart, but he is the one who prompted me to go into the doctor in the first place. Bless his heart for being persistent.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like Jag has earned his retirement. Craig can no longer cover some sheep either--the sheep we sometimes train on know how to beat a dog and Craig has given up trying to repeatedly cover them. It's a bit sad, but it doesn't mean they are no longer useful in other situations.

Best wishes for an uneventful surgery and quick recovery!

Kathy said...

And now I can't believe that I lost Jag just one day after writing this post. It is a very sad day here.