Saturday, June 18, 2011

Baby Blue Birds


Look at what I found when I was out cutting thistle this afternoon. A baby Bluebird. I first saw this one by the electronet and then when I brought Steve out to see him, he and his dad flew by.














This picture to the left is a second baby Bluebird. The mom was hanging out by this one and getting very upset with me taking pictures. I moved in closer and then left them alone.













It was quite the thrill to find these babies as the last time I checked their box about a week ago they were still pretty little and helpless. We love our bluebirds.

3 comments:

BCxFour said...

awwww I love baby birds! We do not have blue birds here...love to see these pictures.

Brush Creek Farm said...

Me too! Love mine (and yours). How many boxes do you have out? I have about 60 in paired sets of 2 so 30 sets. Just checked them all last night and getting ready to post a report to my bluebird group on Facebook.

Kathy said...

Gail-

I have just two bluebird boxes out. One was occupied this spring. I have never gotten to see the babies once they are out of the box before.