Hard to believe it, but it reached 45F here today. The tiny bit of snow we had from yesterday is all gone. The dogs loved the temps. The chickens really enjoyed it as they were out scratching around and eating to their hearts content.
I enjoyed it as I was able to work with Sting on sheep. I used Corbie to bring the boys out so that I wouldn't tire Sting out before I even got to work with him. He did some nice driving in spite of the boys wanting to run. At one point they started over the hill, Sting split one off. I laid him down and after a couple of look backs, he turned and took his come by flank and brought the other four boys over the hill. I was very impressed by the fact that he took the look back and then the flank. I have never really trained that with him yet. I was happy with his work and had to quit when he got tired.
Hopefully this winter will continue like this and I'll be able to continue working with him over the winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment