It was so nice the past couple of afternoons to be able to get out and work the dogs. If only I didn't still have to put on so many clothes. ;o) That is getting better. I mink oiled all of my leather boots and if my Red Wings weren't soaking in their mink oil I could have worn them out there working dogs. That is how little of snow we have!! Woo hoo. But it will be short lived as we are supposed to get some snow tomorrow and tomorrow night, but only 1 - 2 inches.
Anyways, I digressed and got off subject. Cash did so nice yesterday with flanking out nicely on his outruns. As he got tired he started to come in tighter. I worked on his come by out run some more today and had to flip my hat a time or two to keep him out. I also worked on calling him around on off balance flanks. He needs those exercises so that he will take flanks on his drive.
Corbie was tight on her outruns/flanks yesterday and was not giving very well to me. So today I took my whip out with me so that I could make some noise and it seemed to help. I will need to do that more to keep her consistent. I also pulled her back onto the field to work on the off balance flanks too, which she did very well.
Ah, it feels so good to be able to get out and work dogs.
Jag did very well yesterday on taking all of his whistles and flanking nicely on his driving. Today, well, he decided a couple of times that maybe he did not need to listen to me, which he found out is not a good thing.
Oh, I almost forgot, both Corbie and Cash are picking up on their down whistles very nicely. When they are correct, they take their whistles. When they are too tight, nope we don't hear the whistle. What's that, oh she could not have meant for me to lay down now. Yes, I do mean it guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment