These are the only two pictures that I took while at the Kensmuir HOTR trial. They are of the sunrise on the first morning of the trial. I was too busy the rest of the time to be able to tote my camera along.
The trial went well. I was super busy the first day and then just regular busy the second two days. I had to sort the lambs away from their moms each morning. I wish that I had taken a picture of the t-shirt and jeans after the second day of lamb wrestling.
We received a lot of compliments on the trial and hopes that we'll continue to have trials.
I should say that our runs did not go well. The grass was tall which made it difficult for the dogs to find their sheep. Cash found his sheep on his first run after a couple more aways to me. He did not get out to his sheep on the second run as they moved around, the spotter and her dog then moved and Cash figured that they were her sheep and he started looking for sheep somewhere else.
I pulled Corbie from her second run as the first one did not go well at all. She was heading out very nicely on the come by side and the spotter started flicking her whip at the sheep and her dog. Every time she flicked her whip Corbie would stop and I'd give her another flank command. I finally had to walk all the way out to help her. She did go up to the spotter and wanted to jump up on her and greet her, she corrected her for jumping which might have added to her fear. The judge did give us a re-run, but by then Corbie was way too scared to go out there even tho the spotter on the second run was very still.
Steve's run with Stryker did not go well either as he couldn't see his sheep at all and didn't get out to them. Steve pulled from his second run which was just as well since he wasn't feeling that hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment