Okay, any of you who are into exercising, in particular to strengthen your body core you know what I am talking about. For those of you who aren't, just let me tell you, planks are not easy to start out with. They look easy, but don't let that deceive you. The book I am reading says to start with holding a plank for 60 seconds. HA!! 60 seconds, I barely made 25 seconds. I am told that it will get easier. All I know is that it really does make you use all of your muscles to keep your core in a neutral balanced position. I WILL make it to 60 seconds even if it takes me the whole 3 weeks of the first part of this exercise plan!! Okay, now that I said that where everyone can read this and hold me to it I guess I better do it.
Okay, now I'll back up. The plank is explained this way. Get into a modified push-up position, with your weight resting on your forearms and toes. Your forearms should be aligned with your torso, with your elbows directly beneath your shoulders. Your forearms are on the floor in this exercise. Your body should form a straight line from your neck through your ankles.
Here's the killer: Hold that position for 60 - 90 seconds. You try it, go ahead I'll wait. I say, Ha to 90 seconds..........not now at any rate.
I'll have to report back on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment