Ha, they are not one and the same in my book. Which do you think is better??
Here is a quote from the book that I am reading that got me to thinking about this subject more.
"The numbers all run in one direction: People who eat the most processed food have more depression and less cognitive ability. Those who eat the most whole food have the least depression and the most brainpower in old age."
I have personally contended for quite a few years now that processed food is not good for us. If that is mostly what a person eats, it isn't good for you. It seems to me that as this nation, and maybe other countries too, eats more and more processed food and the further we get from the food source, the more health issues that seem to popping up. Obesity is a big one as it leads to other health issues. Cancer seems to be on the rise............is it because of processed foods, maybe. I have read that cancer feeds on sugar and lordy only knows how much added sugar there is in processed foods. It just doesn't seem that trying to "live" on all of this processed stuff is good for any of us. I know that I feel better when I eat more fruits, veggies and less "junk" food. I think of most of these junk foods as just fillers. They don't supply your body with the nutrients that it needs and so your body keeps craving more food as it tries to fuel itself. And then a person eats more junk food and the vicious cycle keeps going.
I started my own vegetable garden this past summer and plan on expanding it each year. I have been growing my own tomatoes and peppers for a few years and expanded into beans, zucchini, carrots and squash this past year. Let me tell you, I felt better after eating these veggies and look forward to starting my garden again this spring. (whenever spring decides to come) We also buy our meat locally, not from any large grocery store chain. There is a big difference in flavor. Ground beef that melts in your mouth. Yes, it is true.
No comments:
Post a Comment